EACOM’s Nairn Centre sawmill is located in the township of Nairn Centre, Ontario, 55 km southwest of Sudbury and 20 km northeast of Espanola.
The Nairn Centre sawmill is located in the Nairn and Hyman township in northern Ontario. Although Nairn Centre has its roots as a railway town, the community is founded on a strong history of forestry and lumber operations. Residents and visitors alike enjoy access to nature trails and a beach along the Spanish River.
The original Nairn Centre sawmill was established in 1949 by Pineland Timber Company.
In 1962, Pineland sold the company to the Kalamazoo Vegetable Parchment Company. It was then acquired by Brown Forest Industries in 1973, E.B. Eddy in 1973, Domtar Inc. in 1998 and finally by EACOM Timber Corporation in 2010.
100 Route Old Nairn
Nairn Centre ON Canada
- Random Length Mill: 145 MMfbm
- Chips: 90 Modmt
- Sawdust & Shavings: 60 Modmt
- FSC Chain-of-Custody: NC-COC-001654
- Grades: Premium, MSR, #1-2, #3, Economy
- Dimensions: 2×3, 2×4, 2×6, 2×8, 2×10
- Lengths: 8′ to 16′
- Boards: 6′ to 16′; 1×4
- Truck: B-train and Tandem
- Rail: Canadian Pacific Railroad (CPRS) served. Huron Central.