EACOM’s Elk Lake sawmill is located in the dynamic community of Elk Lake, Ontario, 560 km northwest of Toronto, close to the Quebec border.
The town of Elk Lake has long been home to a vibrant community and sustainable forestry industry that has grown along with the Elk Lake Sawmill.
The Elk Lake site began operations in 1965 as a co-operative facility to dress lumber for Grant Lumber Co. Ltd. and Liskeard Lumber. At that time the facility was called Elk Lake Planing Mill Ltd and only the planer existed.
The sawmill began operating in 1968.
In 1995, E.B. Eddy Forest Products bought the Grant Lumber portion. E.B. Eddy was then purchased by Domtar Inc in 1998. EACOM Timber Corporation purchased Domtar portion in July 2010 and then purchased Liskeard Lumbers portion in July 2011, making EACOM Timber Corporation the sole owner.
1 Sixth Street, C.P. 9
Elk Lake ON Canada
- Random Length Mill: 150 MMfbm
- Chips: 120 Modmt
- Sawdust & Shavings: 50 Modmt
- FSC Chain-of-Custody: NC-COC-001654
- Grades: Premium, #1-2, #3, Economy
- Dimensions: 2×3, 2×4, 2×6, 2×8, 2×10
- Lengths: 6′ to 16′
- Boards: 6′ to 16′; 1×3, 1×4, 1×6
- Short lengths: 4′ and 6′; 2×3, 2×4, 2×6
- Truck: B-train and Tandem
- Rail: Canadian Pacific Railroad (CPRS) and CN via reload yards