EACOM Timber Corporation has made it easy to make the right choice for residential and non- residential floor and roof joist products.
P3 Joist provide a high performance alternative to dimension lumber joists for floor and roof applications.
The APA trademark signifies that the I‑Joist manufacturer is committed to the strict quality standards of Engineered Wood Systems (EWS) – a related corporation of APA – and that P3 Joist are manufactured in conformance with ASTM D5055. APA’s rigorous program of quality
Verification and testing is designed to assure predictable product performance.
Simple to specify. Easy to install. Less confusion. P3 Joist are the right choice for residential and non- residential floor and roof construction.
The P3 Joist is an ”I”-shaped engineered wood structural member designed for use in residential and nonresidential floor and roof construction. P3 Joist are prefabricated using SPF MSR lumber flanges and OSB web, which are bonded together with exterior-type adhesives. P3 Joist are limited to a L/480 maximum live load deflection for residential and non-residential floor applications. P3 Joist are identified by their depth followed by their series name PJI, and by a designation such as 40 which relates to the joist strength and stiffness. P3 Joist are manufactured to strict tolerances with the following characteristics.
- Flanges are MSR 2×3’s and 2×4’s.
- Webs are OSB, and all are classified as Exposure 1 or Exterior and are 3/8” in thickness or greater.
- All P3 Joist are assembled using exterior‑type adhesives that meet ASTM D 2559 and ASTM D 7247.
- P3 Joist are available in eight depths: 9-1/2”, 11-7/8”, 14”, 16”, 18”, 20”, 22” and 24”.
- P3 Joist of the same depth are manufactured with various flange widths; flange width is an important design consideration when specifying hangers.
- P3 Joist are manufactured up to 64’ in length. These lengths are cut to commonly used lengths such as 16’ to 36’ in 2’ increments for jobsite delivery. Check local supplier for availability.
Guides & Codes