Woodland Supervisor- Timmins, Ontario2013-12-11
Title: Woodland Supervisor
Status: Full time – 8 Month Contract
Place: Timmins, Ontario
EACOM is one of the major producers in the Eastern Canadian timber industry. Operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources.
EACOM currently owns eight sawmills (5 in Ontario, 3 in Quebec), a remanufacturing facility (Quebec) and a partnership operation in an engineered I joist plant (Ontario) for a total of 800 employees.
EACOM manages its forestland through certified and sustainable forest management practices.
EACOM has well established markets across North America, UK and develops expanding international markets. Our vision is to create a globally competitive lumber company.
In order to achieve our goal, we promote team work and integrity.
EACOM Timber, Timmins Woodlands is looking to fill an 8-month term position. Reporting to the Timmins Woodlands Manager and Silviculture Forester, duties will include supervision of both forest operations and silvicultural activities.
- Involvement in the monitoring of forest operations for quality.
- Provide relief support, conduct water crossing and gravel pit inspections and other duties as assigned.
- Silvicultural duties will include field contract management of tree planting, mechanical site preparation and free-to-grow and regeneration surveys.
- Silvicultural record keeping and other duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment;
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, be physically fit, and able to produce positive results with clients and contractors;
- Have leadership skills, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products, and be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments;
- Have a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry and/or forest engineering, or equivalent;
- Have acquired a minimum of one field season of experience in silviculture or harvest operations.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Arcview GIS (or equivalent), GPS technology and electronic data collection tools;
- Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions;
This position is for an 8-month period starting in April or early May and ending December 2014.
Please note only that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be part of our team and actively contribute to our success, please send your resume by email to; email@example.com or by fax at 1-514-848-5623 with a resume and covering letter along with 3 work related references by January 6th, 2014. Please detail how your work experience and education meet the qualifications for this position.
Back to list
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry and Completion of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Kelso and EACOM are pleased to jointly announce that ET Acquisition Corporation, a corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso, has successfully acquired the remaining Common Shares of EACOM.Read more
EACOM Timber Corporation is pleased to announce its second quarter results for the three-month period ended June 30, 2013.Read more
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry of Extension Offer, Take‐Up Deposited Common Shares and Notice of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Reference is made to the offer dated April 5, 2013 by ET Acquisition Corporation, a new corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso & Company, as amended and supplemented by the notice of extension dated May 10, 2013, to purchase all of the issued and outstanding common shares in the capital of EACOM Timber Corporation at a price of $0.38 per Common Share.Read more
We favour FSC certification primarily because of the inclusive nature of its mandate.