Vice President Human Resources - Montreal, Quebec.2013-12-16
Title: Vice President Human Resources
Status: Full time – Permanent
Place: Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
EACOM is one of the major producers in the Eastern Canadian timber industry. Operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources. EACOM currently owns eight sawmills (5 in Ontario, 3 in Quebec), a remanufacturing facility (Quebec) and a partnership operation in an engineered I joist plant (Ontario) for a total of 800 employees.
EACOM manages its forestland through certified and sustainable forest management practices.
EACOM has well established markets across North America, UK and develops expanding international markets. Our vision is to create a globally competitive lumber company.
In order to achieve our goal, we promote team work and integrity.
We are looking to hire a Vice President Human Resources for the head office located in Montreal downtown.
Under the leadership of the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President Human Resources will be responsible for determining the strategic direction of the Human Resources department.
The incumbent plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the activities of the Human Resources department and staff. Thus, the incumbent will contribute to the development of policies and implements programs and procedures regarding human resource planning, recruitment, negotiation of collective agreements, training and development, job classification and administration of compensation, benefits and pension plan.
- Plan human resource needs with the supervisors of various operating departments;
- Oversee the activities of internal and external training and recruitment strategies;
- Participate and collaborate in the implementation of labor relations policies and procedures, and/or other matters related to human resources management.
- Active participation or act as a company representative in the negotiation of collective agreements.
- Coordinate and support the administration of professional development and employee training.
- Counsel and assist other departmental managers and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of policies, programs, collective agreements, arbitration and grievance, in accordance with established processes.
- Involved in the classification, job evaluation and changes in the management structure.
- Control the orientations and tracking of changes to employment policies, compensation and benefits while actively participating in various committees.
- Manage the human resources department quality program.
- Ensure that the company operates in compliance with labor laws.
- Coordinates with operating personnel to develop an internal training and/or apprentice program for skilled labor positions.
- Facilitates the development of individual performance evaluation and skill development plans for all levels of management.
- Works with senior management and HR staffs to upgrade recruitment techniques/tools and processes to improve success in hiring at all levels.
- Initiates the development of succession planning within the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced Computer skills. (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, leadership, autonomy and initiative.
- Proven negotiation and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Relations or Business Administration.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar role, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Fluent in English and French, oral and written. (French is an asset)
- Member/Designation of a certified professional association in human resource field.
- Available for travel.
EACOM offers equitable pay, a range of benefits, pension with employer’s matching contribution. Please note only that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be part of our team and actively contribute to our success, please send your resume by email to; email@example.com
Back to list
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry and Completion of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Kelso and EACOM are pleased to jointly announce that ET Acquisition Corporation, a corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso, has successfully acquired the remaining Common Shares of EACOM.Read more
EACOM Timber Corporation is pleased to announce its second quarter results for the three-month period ended June 30, 2013.Read more
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry of Extension Offer, Take‐Up Deposited Common Shares and Notice of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Reference is made to the offer dated April 5, 2013 by ET Acquisition Corporation, a new corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso & Company, as amended and supplemented by the notice of extension dated May 10, 2013, to purchase all of the issued and outstanding common shares in the capital of EACOM Timber Corporation at a price of $0.38 per Common Share.Read more
We favour FSC certification primarily because of the inclusive nature of its mandate.