Supervisor Wood Measurement - Timmins, Ontario2013-08-23
Title: Supervisor Wood Measurement
Status: Permanent – Full Time
Place: Timmins, Ontario
EACOM is one of the major producers in the Eastern Canadian timber industry. Operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources.
EACOM currently owns eight sawmills (5 in Ontario, 3 in Quebec), a remanufacturing facility (Quebec) and a partnership operation in an engineered I joist plant (Ontario) for a total of 800 employees. EACOM manages its forestland through certified and sustainable forest management practices.
EACOM has well established markets across North America, UK and develops expanding international markets.Our vision is to create a globally competitive lumber company.
In order to achieve our goal, we promote team work and integrity.
EACOM has an immediate opening for a Supervisor Wood Measurement. As the Supervisor, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of wood measurement systems at EACOM’s Ontario sawmills. The preferred location for this position is Timmins, Ontario.
- Responsible for directing and controlling the measurements and a team of operators.
- Responsible for the transfer of the data between weigh scales, EACOM financial system (SAP) and the MNR.
- Updating the standards and conducting audits for the movement and measurement of wood in respect to standards of the industry.
- Determination of volumes/values, and specifications in respect of the quality process.
- Supervise and provide vacation relief for weigh scale operators at our Northeast Ontario sawmills.
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products.
- Have leadership, flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments.
- Have the ability to lead a team in a minimal supervision environment.
- Has a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in a related field (i.e. Forestry, Computer Science) and a valid Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources Scaler’s License.;
- Have comprehensive knowledge of wood measurement systems and associated database management software (MS SQL)
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, Crystal Reports, and MS SQL client tools.
- Have a valid drivers license and the ability to travel across Northeast Ontario.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to list
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry and Completion of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Kelso and EACOM are pleased to jointly announce that ET Acquisition Corporation, a corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso, has successfully acquired the remaining Common Shares of EACOM.Read more
EACOM Timber Corporation is pleased to announce its second quarter results for the three-month period ended June 30, 2013.Read more
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry of Extension Offer, Take‐Up Deposited Common Shares and Notice of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Reference is made to the offer dated April 5, 2013 by ET Acquisition Corporation, a new corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso & Company, as amended and supplemented by the notice of extension dated May 10, 2013, to purchase all of the issued and outstanding common shares in the capital of EACOM Timber Corporation at a price of $0.38 per Common Share.Read more
We favour FSC certification primarily because of the inclusive nature of its mandate.