Project Management and Control Manager- Ontario2014-06-11
Title: Project Management and Control Manager - Ontario
Status: Permanent – Full Time
Place: Nairn Center but traveling to many Ontario Sites
EACOM Timber Corporation ("EACOM") is a global timber company formed in 2008. Its head office is located in Montreal, Quebec, with regional offices located in Timmins, Ontario and Val d'Or, Quebec.
EACOM is one of the major producers in the Eastern Canadian timber industry. Operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources. EACOM currently owns seven sawmills in Ontario and Quebec, one remanufacturing facility and a partnership operation.
The Company will grow and outperform its competitors by investing in strong assets, including healthy forests, advanced technology and talented people.
We are an innovative, profitable manufacturer of forest products, focused primarily on producing high-quality lumber from sustainably managed forests for markets around the world.
For our Ontario operations, we are looking to hire a Project Management and Control Manager that will report to the Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President.
The incumbent will be responsible for project management, Control processes and Optimization upgrades with strategic planning of sawmill and planer modification to achieve future manufacturing goals. You will be expected to maintain and improve the competitiveness and profitability of the operations and capital projects. The position will provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in process reliability, project management and operations in general. The role will liaise with a number of departments and act as the bridge between both operation and capital projects for project results with the corporate head office.
- Responsible for maintaining procedure compliance & standards to help achieve global consistency in the preparation and follow-up of operating budgets and capital project management.
- Responsible for producing monthly analysis of productivity, earned value % complete, monthly cash flow, float analysis, and critical path analysis.
- Plan approved budgets for operation and Capital projects in order to attain determined performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery)
- Determine the number and type of continuous improvement activities required to attain and exceed performance indicators in both operation and capital projects.
- Actively participates in project review meetings & provides clear, accurate project assessments to gives proactive advice to maximize successful project completion.
- Overseeing procurement, scheduling, cost controls and information management for projects.
- Optimize the saw line/planer and adapt other production components in order to maximize productivity or remedy operating difficulties. (Controlling stacking quality, drying schedules, round wood inventory (humidity/diameter) and inventory rotation).
- Optimize the Sawmill efficiency through processes, equipment upgrade, tools, KPI follow-up in order to maximize productivity or find operating alternatives.
- Develop and maintain a work climate that favors the mobilization and commitment of human resources including internal and external partners.
- Assure staff development by optimal use of their skills.
- Develop and maintain procedure compliance & standards to help achieve global consistency in the preparation and follow-up of operating budgets and capital project management.
- Manage a Technical team for Project Optimization of control processes/procedures in a highly automated environment.
- Implement control systems/process/procedures in a manufacturing environment with project management of optimizations within Sawmills.
- Recommend Automation initiatives on many platforms.
- Accountable for accuracy & timely delivery of all project controls monthly reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to influence others.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in operation analysis and project control.
- Is flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and situations.
- Familiarity with OHSA legislation and environmental compliance requirements.
- Excels in time management and the delegation of tasks.
- Bachelor or Collegial studies in Electrical/Automation or Engineering with at least 15-20 years of practical project management within Sawmill operation and optimization of these operations, ideally with start-up projects project experience as well.
- Understanding of the use of Automation in a Sawmill plant process and basic unit operations to assist with the design of process control strategies.
- Experience OPEX and CAPEX project management.
- Working knowledge of VFD and Servo Motor control.
- Understanding basic pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Travel to various Sawmills in Canada on a regular basis.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.
If you would like to be part of our team and actively contribute to our success, please send your resume by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to list
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry and Completion of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Kelso and EACOM are pleased to jointly announce that ET Acquisition Corporation, a corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso, has successfully acquired the remaining Common Shares of EACOM.Read more
EACOM Timber Corporation is pleased to announce its second quarter results for the three-month period ended June 30, 2013.Read more
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry of Extension Offer, Take‐Up Deposited Common Shares and Notice of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Reference is made to the offer dated April 5, 2013 by ET Acquisition Corporation, a new corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso & Company, as amended and supplemented by the notice of extension dated May 10, 2013, to purchase all of the issued and outstanding common shares in the capital of EACOM Timber Corporation at a price of $0.38 per Common Share.Read more
We favour FSC certification primarily because of the inclusive nature of its mandate.