General Manager of Project Management and Operation2013-09-25
Title: GM project management and operation
Status: Permanent – Plein Temps
Place: Nairn, Ontario
EACOM is one of the major producers in the Eastern Canadian timber industry. Operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources. EACOM currently owns eight sawmills (5 in Ontario, 3 in Quebec), a remanufacturing facility (Quebec) and a partnership operation in an engineered I joist plant (Ontario) for a total of 800 employees.
EACOM manages its forestland through certified and sustainable forest management practices.
EACOM has well established markets across North America, UK and develops expanding international markets. Our vision is to create a globally competitive lumber company.
In order to achieve our goal, we promote team work and integrity.
For our Ontario operations, we are looking to hire a General Manager of Project Management and Operations that will report to the VP operation. The incumbent will be responsible for Capital project management, training of maintenance personnel, Control and Optimization upgrades and strategic planning of sawmill and planer modification to achieve future manufacturing goals. You will be expected to maintain and improve the competitiveness and profitability of the operations and capital projects. The position will provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in process reliability, project management and operations in general. The role will liaise with a number of departments and act as the bridge between both operation and capital projects for project results with the corporate head office.
- Responsible for maintaining procedure compliance & standards to help achieve global consistency in the preparation and follow-up of operating budgets and capital project management.
- Responsible for producing monthly analysis of productivity, earned value % complete, monthly cash flow, float analysis, and critical path analysis.
- Plan approved budgets for operation and Capital projects in order to attain determined performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery)
- Determine the number and type of continuous improvement activities required to attain and exceed performance indicators in both operation and capital projects.
- Actively participates in project review meetings & provides clear, accurate project assessments to gives proactive advice to maximize successful project completion
- Plan and coordinate procurement, scheduling, cost controls and information management for capital projects.
- Ensures the accuracy of earned value data on allocated projects.
- Optimize the saw line/planer and adapt other production components in order to maximize productivity or remedy operating difficulties. (Controlling stacking quality, drying schedules, round wood inventory (humidity/diameter) and inventory rotation).
- Develop and maintain a work climate that favors the mobilization and commitment of human resources including internal and external partners. Assure staff development by optimal use of their skills.
- Accountable for accuracy & timely delivery of all project controls monthly reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to influence others.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in operation analysis and project control.
- Is flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and situations.
- Familiarity with OHSA legislation and environmental compliance requirements.
- Excels in time management and the delegation of tasks.
- Mechanical engineering degree is preferred, or has 5 to 7 years experience in a similar position or 7 to 10 years in the Sawmill industry in various positions including PLC control, Mechanical line up and Saw performance trouble shooting.
- Have extensive sawmill and planer commissioning experience.
Back to list
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry and Completion of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Kelso and EACOM are pleased to jointly announce that ET Acquisition Corporation, a corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso, has successfully acquired the remaining Common Shares of EACOM.Read more
EACOM Timber Corporation is pleased to announce its second quarter results for the three-month period ended June 30, 2013.Read more
Kelso & Company Announces Expiry of Extension Offer, Take‐Up Deposited Common Shares and Notice of Compulsory Acquisition of Remaining Common Shares
Reference is made to the offer dated April 5, 2013 by ET Acquisition Corporation, a new corporation indirectly owned by funds managed by Kelso & Company, as amended and supplemented by the notice of extension dated May 10, 2013, to purchase all of the issued and outstanding common shares in the capital of EACOM Timber Corporation at a price of $0.38 per Common Share.Read more
We favour FSC certification primarily because of the inclusive nature of its mandate.